Principal Stakeholder and Public Liaison Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
The role advertised is within the Social and Stakeholder Team, part of the Environment & Social Division at Mott MacDonald. We are looking for a suitable individual to fulfil a key strategic role in our expanding Social and Stakeholder Team within the Environment and Social Division. You will develop and manage team strategies as well as managing team members to ensure that the Social and Stakeholder Team delivers good practice and effective stakeholder management to clients and project teams.
We undertake stakeholder work is on behalf of a wide range of clients including government departments, local authorities, National Highways and HS2.
- Developing and managing stakeholder strategies and best practice within the Social and Stakeholder Team
- Working with clients to develop successful and progressive project stakeholder strategies
- Leading development and maintenance of positive relationships with project leaders in Mott MacDonald and beyond
- Engaging with project discipline leads to ensure stakeholder and customer views are understood and integrated into project design and development
- Developing and managing positive relationships with key project stakeholders
- Line management of Stakeholder and Public Liaison co-ordinators
- Experience of stakeholder management activities within the infrastructure sector
- Client management with the infrastructure sector
- Project team management
- Extensive knowledge of major infrastructure planning legislation and how that applies to stakeholders
- High standard of verbal and written communications
- Quality assurance experience
- Understanding of stakeholder messaging and effective channel use
You will likely have at least eight year's experience of stakeholder communications, stakeholder and consultation and have an excellent understanding of handling client and project team relationships. You will understand how to develop and integrate beneficial economic and social components into major infrastructure projects successfully.