Senior Engineer- Rail
Location: South Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
- Technical package leadership of civil engineering design projects,
- Delivery, checking and approval of feasibility, outline and detailed design packages,
- Managing and supervising engineers, technicians and apprentices to deliver high quality deliverables,
- Contributing to effective project delivery through robust programme & resource management and change control on work packages,
- Adding value through innovation, challenging client requirements and focus on Minimum Viable Product,
- Mentoring engineers and apprentices in their professional development, and
- Contributing to tenders.
We are particularly interested in speaking to applicants who have experience in level crossing ground plan design.
The team operates an agile working policy with the expectation that around 50% of your time will be spent in the York or Sheffield office, fluctuating as required to suit business and individual needs.Candidate Specification :
- Broad experience in rail civil engineering design,
- Proficient in working in accordance with industry design standards, e.g. Eurocodes, BS, Network Rail, RGS
- Technical expertise in civil engineering field,
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills,
- Ability to work both independently and closely with Design Team members,
- Ability and enthusiasm to provide technical supervision to engineers, technicians and apprentices,
- Ability to take full responsibility for design decisions and quality of deliverable / package, and
- Ability to solve complex problems independently within your field of expertise.
- CEng/IEng MICE/MIStructE,
- Previous CRE appointment,
- Experience in level crossing ground plan design,
- Experience of rail design delivery,
- Experience of design delivery on Design and Build projects,
- Experience in multi-disciplinary project delivery, and
- Other technical and design management skills that can add value to our team.
- Experience in bridge renewals and strengthening/repairs, and
- Proficient in operating BIM/CAD software packages for engineering purposes (e.g. model/drawing reviews, basic amendments, check/approval workflows).
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.