Senior Design Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Senior Design Manager, you will lead a wider team in an entrepreneurial spirit, and have the autonomy and full accountable for the safety, quality and financial performance of the project.
A typical week may include:
- Engaging with clients, end users, statutory bodies, and other key stakeholders
- Project programming
- Financial planning and management
- Contract administration
- Developing client relationships
- Working as part of a team of advisory consultants, and supporting other members of the team.
Required for the position of Senior Design Manager;
- Already a Chartered / Incorporated Professional in the Built Environment (or close to it), or desire to pursue this
- Proven experience in advisory type work, such as experience in:
- Working "client side" at an early stage in projects to develop scope, options appraisals and feasibility documents
- Supporting clients in setting project briefs
- Developing funding applications and business cases.
- Project management skills, including the ability to use relevant software, e.g. MS Project and the wider MS suite of applications
- An ease with RIBA's Plan of Work and the technical aspects of built environment projects
- An appetite for life-long learning, continual improvement and coaching your successors.
Preferred, but not required;
- Previous consultancy background
- Previous experience of working in at least one of these sectors:
- Local Authority / Regeneration.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively, including with multiple stakeholders
- A positive 'can do' attitude, sense of responsibility and passion for collaborative working.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.