Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald Digital Ventures is at the heart of this revolution - transforming infrastructure at speed by connecting innovation to outcomes. We work across the globe with some of the biggest and most progressive clients, on the most exciting projects. We exist to empower lasting industry transformation, enable engineering innovation on demand through our Moata platform, and drive transformational growth through our partnerships - bringing the best ideas and innovations together.
A bit about the team
Our dynamic and diverse team ranges from information consultants, investment analysts through to product managers, software developers, data scientists and everything in between. At Digital Ventures we're not short on ambition, and we want our people to have genuinely exciting and fulfilling careers full of equal opportunities for growth, with a real sense of purpose through meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
As Geospatial Consultant, you will be working to support two of our biggest products, Moata Geospatial and Moata Inspect. Moata Geospatial is our collaborative mapping solution to help teams across multiple disciplines gain insight from spatial data. Moata Inspect, meanwhile, provides data capture and analytics for field activities via tailored smart forms, the results of which can feed directly into Moata Geospatial.
As these interconnected solutions are often deployed together, you will be working across both teams to support and deliver value to our clients. While you will be based in either our Cambridge or London Fleet Place office with the Moata Geospatial team, the Moata Inspect team is based in the US so there will be opportunity within this job role to work closely with and travel to meet the team in the US.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Client facing - you will be needed both at the start of new projects, to collect requirements and understand what is possible, as well as throughout existing projects to provide client support.
- Contributing to technical report writing.
- Working closely with both the Moata Geospatial and Moata Inspect teams.
- Ability to interact positively with both senior and junior staff alike.
- Opportunity to support bid managers in drafting and collating bid documentation, learning the quality, environment and safety requirements of projects and develop project management skills.
- Contributing to the continual development of Moata solutions based on client and user feedback.
- Providing technical GIS support for project data preparation.
- Providing support to online GIS systems, through both Mott MacDonald Digital Ventures Geospatial Systems and working with support partner solutions from companies such as ESRI.
- Working with open-source data formats and standards.
- Work closely with other GIS team members in the business in ongoing development and implementation of standards.
- Day-to-day GIS processes and data management.
- Processing imagery and elevation data.
Moata Inspect elements:
- Setting up new Inspect forms via a form builder (training will be provided).
- Working with APIs to better integrate data from Moata Inspect with Moata Geospatial.
- Generating new PDF templates through Microsoft Word.
Required for the position of Geospatial Consultant;As this will be a client facing role, a willingness to work with clients is required. A degree in GIS, Geography or another relevant degree is needed, alongside strong IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as experience using GIS software including ESRI ArcGIS. We are looking for someone able to work effectively in a team, with a consultative approach to dealing with colleagues, and the ability to communicate in a professional manner both written and verbally. Therefore, candidates must be articulate and have excellent written English skills, as well as being willing to input independent thought and analysis into their work.
We are also looking for an enthusiastic candidate, who will be imaginative and progressive in the work done, striving to add value where possible for the benefit of the company and clients. With the range of different projects this role will be involved in, the ability to multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail when working with complex data will be essential. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate a range of data analysis skills and be able to offer improved methodologies that provide efficiencies.
There will be lots of new processes to become familiar with so a willingness to learn new skills is also essential.
Any experience working withAPIs,FME workbenches, databases and python scripting for tasks are desirable, but can be learnt on the job as needed
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.