Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are currently looking for a carbon advisor with experience in infrastructure and the built environment to join our climate change and asset management team.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a technical advisory role in infrastructure planning, preferably in water and/or wastewater, and an eagerness to grow their Carbon Management, Climate Resilience and overall sustainability experience.
In this role you would be responsible for the delivery of carbon management advisory projects for a wide range of projects in water and other infrastructure sectors. This is a great opportunity to learn from our senior carbon specialists and grow your career in this fast developing exciting area.
- delivery of carbon footprinting and strategic carbon management projects
- developing carbon management strategies for water utilities and other infrastructure clients
- asset management/planning and engagement with infrastructure clients
- assessing the performance of projects against national and international standards and to inform the development of project design taking into account carbon management and other sustainability metrics
We are looking for motivated strategic thinkers, who want to generate the best possible outcomes for our clients, the environment and society, with an interest in developing their knowledge and experience in one or more of these areas, joining our existing team of carbon specialists, climate scientists, data scientists, engineers, environmentalists, asset managers and investment planning advisors in infrastructure.
Candidate Specification :
- Relevant science, engineering or other related degree
- Excellent numerical skills, including the use of Excel and other tools
- Utility scale water sector experience - experience in other infrastructure sectors desirable
- Eagerness to develop your Carbon knowledge
- Knowledge of legislation and policy influencing carbon and climate change
- Experience in leading the delivery of carbon footprinting / carbon management projects across a range of project types delivery against scope, quality and budget, especially in the infrastructure sector
- Well-rounded knowledge on wider sustainability and climate change issues
- Project management, client liaison and consulting skills
- Keen interest in developing your technical and commercial skills
- Asset Management and investment prioritisation experience
- Knowledge of key methodologies and data sources associated with carbon footprinting and carbon management, (e.g. PAS2080: Carbon Management in infrastructure, among others)
- Experience in engaging with clients, particularly asset owners, to open new carbon advisory opportunities and turn them into project work and clear deliverables
- Experience with water sector (or other economic infrastructure sectors) regulation and drivers
- International experience could be beneficial, but is not essential
- Experience of using asset information
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Carbon management is a key driver for all infrastructure clients and the wider built environment with most organisations now having ambitious carbon reduction and net zero carbon targets. This includes Europe, Australasia and increasingly regions such as the Middle East, North America and others where there is now recognition that investment in low carbon infrastructure is needed to meet the Paris Agreement goals.
In this role you will apply your knowledge and experience on a diverse range of advisory projects and strategic/feasibility studies, particularly in the infrastructure sectors including water. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills across different areas of our portfolio, such as carbon strategies, applying standards such as PAS 2080, developing low carbon solutions and decarbonisation roadmaps, and business improvement initiatives in infrastructure owners amongst others.
We are seeking an engineer or technical specialist who would like to develop their knowledge with a view to becoming a Carbon Specialist. This role will present you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your technical and management skills through your project work, with great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes