Senior Project Manager
Location: City of Bristol
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Senior Project Manager you will demonstrate a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety.
A bit about the team
Owning to the expansion within our built environment sector, we have exciting opportunities for project management professionals to join our fast-growing team in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the most complex and challenging projects in the UK today. Within the Mott MacDonald family we are looking to attract the finest talent to be part of this journey as we mobilise for a number of key opportunities across a broad portfolio of both public and private sector programmes.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Ownership of and responsibility for the successful delivery of your project
- Development and delivery of business cases
- Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities
- Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews
- Developing and managing teams
- Managing suppliers
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager;
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- APM PMQ level qualified or equivalent (e.g. Managing Successful Programmes, PRINCE2 Practitioner)
- Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM) and/or Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
- NEC3 or NEC4 Accredited Project Manager
Preferred, but not required
- Proven track record in project delivery.
- Ability to work with and manage external suppliers
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of project management software and toolsets
- Experienced lead TA role on DfE projects / framework is desirable
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.