Head of Cities Cost Management
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Head of Cities Cost Management, you will be responsible for driving best practice, innovation team leadership and team growth within our Cities sector, working on a variety of projects across a diverse client base including Residential, Stadia and Arena and Mixed use development
A bit about the team
Cities, is one of three core sectors that sits within our Built Environment portfolio and is primarily a UK based business, however is engaged with supporting the wider business with commissions in Europe, North America and the Middle East. The other Built Environment Sectors are Government and Health and Education. Whilst we operate a flexible working policy, the preferred location for this role will be London, to provide face to face leadership of our growing team, which is planned to double in size over the next 3 years.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Team leadership across the Cost Management community
- Drive innovation working closely with our Digital specialists to further improve efficiency in cost management
- Support engagement and growth of our Global Cost Management Centre based in Europe
- Internal Collaboration with other specialists to further enhance our cost management service offer e.g. Carbon, MMC and Economics
- Mentoring of staff to support career growth
- Networking with clients and potential stakeholders
- Commercial management of cost management commissions with internal and external stakeholders
Required for the position of Head of Cities Cost Management;
- Bsc in Quantity Surveying
- FRICS / MRICS
- Software skills including Cost X and Excel
- Residential Experience as a minimum
- Proven team leader, and collaborator
- Excellent communicator with both internal colleagues but also with Clients via telephone, face to face meetings and formal presentations
Preferred, but not required
- Innovator to drive continuous improvement
- Cross sector Experience, in addition to Residential.
- Ability to travel across the UK, and possibly internationally
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.