Senior Rail Operations Consultant
Job Type: Full time
You will take a role in preparing bids/tenders and will manage work packages and projects. The extent of your role here will depend on your skills, interest and experience. You will also be expected to interact with clients and stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will involve the following:
- Be comfortable undertaking technical analysis in the field of rail operations to drive forward rail projects
- Lead project work and potentially some projects
- Produce reports that are technically competent, clear and logical
- Understand and keep pace with the changing policy and strategy framework in which our work takes place, including UK Department for Transport policies and Network Rail strategy
- Potentially supervise other team members as required
- Manage competing project responsibilities to meet deadlines and other project delivery commitments
- Work effectively with clients and stakeholders
- Contribute to successful tenders for work
Key Skills and Experience:
- An appreciation of wider railway engineering and data sources
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of managing tasks/projects
- Experience of engaging with external stakeholders
- Experience of interfacing with clients
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- A track record of delivering successful project work.
- Good presentation skills
- Willingness to travel as required for project work and, from time to time, to meet other corporate requirements.
- Associate / Member with the Chartered Institution of Railway Operators (CIRO) or a Chartered Engineer
- Rail timetable production
- Capacity planning
- Performance (punctuality) assessments and/or modelling
- Rolling stock and train crew diagramming
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.