Project Controls Manager
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
This is an opportunity for an experienced, qualified and enthusiastic Project Management professional to join our Rail Project Management team. This opportunity is within our market leading team of more than 30 staff dedicated to effective delivery of Rail projects and forming part of a company-wide technical practice.
As a member of the Project Management you will work within a team developing and delivering Rail projects from inception to handover and completion; This will include scheme definition, feasibility, design development, procurement and Contract Administration.
Your role will require you to liaise closely with multiple stakeholders and clients, co-ordinate multi-disciplinary design teams, draft and manage the production of reports and tender documents, monitor cost and schedule and manage the Health & Safety and Quality Assurance aspects of projects.
You will be confident in contributing to a technical team and as a key member of a project team, liaising directly with the client, project sponsors and key stakeholders when necessary.
As a Project Controls Manager, your role would be to plan out the engineering project from start to finish, including budgets, staffing, timings of each stage, measure success, and the various resources needed to make the project work. Work also includes:
- Create, maintain, review and administer design schedules and plans
- Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organize the phases of the construction development
- Keep the client team up to date on progress to present to the client
- Present information for internal meetings on the project
- Problem solving
- Produce tender plans to support bids
- Strong communication including writing reports and presenting
- Understanding engineering principles
- Time management and planning
- Organisational skills
- Methodological approach
- High Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Planning software including MS Project, and Primavera P6
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong Problem solving
- Budget and financial management
- Work as part of a team and individually
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.