Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a member of the maritime team, you will be involved on a range of small to large projects, which may be high profile. The role will be challenging, varied, and will offer great opportunities for skill set and career development.
* Assist in undertaking various stages of maritime engineering projects including concept, feasibility, design development, detailed design, construction supervision and administration of contracts;
* Undertake site inspection activities;
* Consider safety and the environment in all aspects of your work;
* Assist in the compilation and writing of reports and proposals;
* Support managers with bids/proposals and general business development;
* Comply with Business Management Systems;
In your role you are likely to contribute to the delivery of a number of projects concurrently and in doing so, you will be required to plan your work in a structured manner and collaborate with colleagues.
Required for the position of Maritime Civil Engineer;
* Degree qualified;
* Working towards chartered membership of a relevant institution e.g. ICE, or will be an Incorporated Engineer;
* Demonstrable experience of the design of port and maritime facilities;
* Experience in repair and/or construction of port infrastructure;
Personal skills and attributes
* Ability to contribute to project teams and work well collaboratively, both internally and with clients and external partners;
* A good communicator verbally, and precise and clear in written / reporting work;
* Well organised, with strong planning and management skills.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
We are growing our regional maritime teams and are looking for two near Chartered, or Incorporated, maritime civil engineers to join our growing maritime team in Northern England. We provide advisory, project management, design and supervisory services to a range of private and public sector clients on a variety of ports and coastal projects.
Recent and current projects include major port upgrades, redevelopment of existing wharfs to support offshore wind projects, replacement of existing quay walls, inspection of port structures, redevelopment of a former shipyard site, site supervision of river wall construction and general port and coastal engineering.