Senior Project Manager
Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will manage your own projects or workstreams on major transportation or water projects (we are currently recruiting in both industries). This opportunity will enable you to support the development of this growing and diverse business whilst progressing your own career. The focus of this exciting role and opportunity is to help build the growing business and to support our Clients by winning and delivering high quality project and programme management services that contribute to society and make the communities in which we live and work better.
A bit about the team
Our transportation and water teams operate in Aviation, Highways, Rail, Maritime, regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agencies. Our vision is to deliver major transportation and water projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager:
- Extensive experience working in relevant industry
- Membership of the APM
- Chartered (or working towards)
- Experience of managing NEC contracts
- Substantial project management expertise across a wide range of disciplines, contract/procurement routes and market sectors
- Experience of managing and leading large project teams to successful outcomes
- High degree of commercial acumen and knowledge of planning and project controls
- Ability to operate both autonomously and as a part of a larger team
- Excellent IT Skills - Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills including writing reports and presenting
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, stakeholders, colleagues and the supply chain
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Flexibility to travel to client sites and other MM offices
- Experience working for Local Authorities / Network Rail / Highways / Water Companies / Utilities / Environment Agencies
- NEC accreditation (3 or 4)