Large Enterprise Sales Director, UK&I
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Okta is an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in different countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our SaaS product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great. And guess what? You could join us because…
The UK&I Named Sales team is growing
This team is one of the highest performing in our business, they have consistently over achieved and have a huge amount of untapped market to go after, both from new logos but also accounts who use Okta today but only in a small way. We are not limited on vertical but typically target accounts of 20,000 employees or more.
We're looking for someone who wants to challenge the status quo, drive innovation and who understands value selling and big deal motions.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
In this role you will:
- Lead the team of 6 Senior Account Executives in achieving individual and team quota
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other resources as required.
- Ongoing mentoring and development of a sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and mentoring new reps.
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings.
- You will be reporting on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management.
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity in the team, and tracking the results.
- Quote, negotiate, and assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects.
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management.
- Coordinate and lead weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Work closely with the extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, renewals business partners.
- Hire and grow your team following hiring best practices
- Bring new ideas and innovation to the company, be prepared to challenge and make an impact as we take the next phase in our journey.
- Use MEDDPICC to follow strong sales process and enstill discipline in your team
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Sales leadership experience within big deal or large accounts space.
- Have achieved demonstrable success in leading a high-performing sales team within a SaaS sales environment.
- You must be an Influencer and Change Maker with the skills to adapt appropriately to a fast moving situation, whilst demonstrating a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Experience of leading, coaching, and developing senior account executives.
- Previous experience of setting KPI’s, performance reviews and individual development plans.
- Successful track record in a high value sales environment.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to successfully hire and train new sales representatives and coach lower performers through to success.
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and boldly forecast sales results.
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, exciting environment.
- You must demonstrate the ability to express ideas using strong listening and communication skills to influence and gain buy-in from your team, leadership, customers, and all your stakeholders.
- The ability to travel, including customer & partner sites, and visits to our EMEA HQ in London, and the US.
It would be advantageous to have:
- Understanding of and experience with Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on and API and CIAM based solutions.
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent (preferred but not essential).
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.