Group Financial Assistant Accountant
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
In this newly created role, you will join the Group Accounting Team to assist in the delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting. You will play an integral part of the team – contributing to month end close, consolidation, review and reporting alongside preparation of annual statutory accounts.
Current working pattern for the team is 4 days remote with Wednesdays in the office.
Core elements of the role
- Provide support for the month end close process by preparing month end journals for corporate/holding companies; monitoring and resolving inter-company differences in advance of month end close and tracking the progress of month end deliverables across the Group and Financial Accounting Teams.
- Contribute to the month end consolidation process by raising consolidation journals and IFRS adjustments for the group and reviewing monthly movements in the group balance sheet and income statement.
- Prepare schedules as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packs for internal reporting and reporting to Jacobs.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for corporate/holding companies – providing appropriate oversight and challenge.
- Provide clear and timely information to the external auditors – both for the group and overseas audits.
- Prepare financial statements for corporate and holding companies under FRS 102
- Provide support for the internal review of revenue recognition.
- Work within our Sox control environment – ensuring your key activities are completed in line with documented Sox controls and complete Sox testing for the Group Finance Team in line with the annual Sox timetable.
- Adhoc work and projects as required by the Head of Group Finance.
- Part qualified/newly qualified accountant – ACA / ACCA
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment
- Experience of audit – either as an auditor or as a key audit contact
- Able to rapidly build understanding of finance systems
- Strong technical accounting and research skills
- Commitment to excellent financial control
- Sole British National for the purpose of obtaining Security Clearance
- A proactive, highly organised self-starter with the ability to prioritise and deliver to strict deadlines
- Tenacious with great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible, collaborative and open approach
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.