Senior Business Support
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Provide first class secretarial support to two Partners within the Health & Life Sciences Go-to-Market.
Supporting a Capability Lead with the Maple Business Support hub, ensuring the smooth running of the capability.
First point of contact for a wide range of personnel, providing support through a number of key activities listed below.
Working as part of a busy, business support team the role requires someone friendly, approachable, and confident who has great communication skills, preferably used to working in a team environment closely with other business support staff.
Mentoring and line management of junior members of the business support team.
- Diary Management - Organisation of complex diary and international travel arrangements across multiple time zones and complying with visa requirements. Liaising with both internal and external clients, including senior stakeholders across PA.
- Inbox Management - Reviewing incoming e-mails/phone calls and dealing with these appropriately, gate keeping when needed.
- Time Management – Manage and prioritise workload, acting on your initiative to complete tasks.
- Submission of expenses - ensuring these are submitted promptly complying with company policy.
- Support to the wider consultant team - booking rooms and visitors, catering and travel booking support.
- Support to client facing propositions and initiatives lead by the partners you will support such as arranging internal team meetings, promoting external client events, preparing documents, action taking/tracking and printing/binding documents.
- Provide ad hoc cover for team members during leave or sickness absence
- Support to the Capability Lead including:
-chasing down staff to ensure corporate deadlines met
-ensuring internal budgets and policies are adhered to
-organising and facilitating leadership team meetings
-arranging team meetings and socials
-coordinating the annual performance appraisal process
-tracking performance management issues
-collating monthly recognition awards
-updating MS Teams site
-acting as an escalation point for complex queries
- A good level of secretarial and administrative experience, preferably in a large organisation
- Confidence to push back and to the right thing not the easy thing.
- Experience of working within a business support team
- Broad knowledge of complex diary management
- Relationship builder, friendly and personable with a positive outlook
- Computer literate with excellent MS Office skills especially Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Smartly presented and confident with a professional manner
- Proactive, with a commitment to quality, accuracy and close attention to detail
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with peers and senior management
- Proven planning and organisation skills with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change, able to prioritise and multi-task.
- Calm when working under pressure
- Excellent team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com