Project Support Analyst - Fixed Term Contract
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Contract/temp
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA prides itself on working with our clients in innovative and challenging ways. We are looking for someone to join our team and support the delivery of the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO) flagship International Climate Finance programme – UK Partnering for Accelerated Climate Transition (UK PACT). UK PACT supports middle-income partner countries to accelerate their clean growth transitions, by meeting the demand for high-quality skills and expertise aligned with UK leadership and experience. UK PACT seeks to strengthen relations with partner governments through building capacity in key partner institutions, whilst raising the visibility of the UK’s work in this field.
PA are managing the Expert Deployment Team as part of this programme, where we are responsible for facilitating skill-shares between UK experts and partner country governments to help them achieve their ambitious targets to decarbonise their economies and meet global climate goals.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to help us manage the selection, deployment and ongoing management of our roster experts on skill-shares in UK PACT’s partner countries. The programme is due to run through to March 2023.
- Working collaboratively with FCDO and the UK Embassy network to manage the logistics and understand the scope of skill-shares.
- Supporting the Programme with regular operational reporting, performance analysis and data management to support programme management. This includes managing and updating the Learning Platform, Roster Management Database and Recruitment and Vetting trackers
- Creating new content for the UK PACT website and maintaining the Skill-shares and Secondments page.
- Supporting the Service Manager with recruitment, onboarding, training and organising the logistics for climate specialists prior to and during their deployment into middle income countries, including emissions tracking and translation services.
- Managing monthly expert timecards and invoices and logging all programme expenses in the Finance Tracker.
- Reporting on the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for the wider programme and across each skill-share.
- Bringing creative solutions to enhance the delivery of the managed service.
- A recent graduate who is interested in a career in climate change and sustainability
- Confident with data management, analysis and manipulation for reporting purposes
- Able to work independently in a small team and take on workload responsibilities
- Strong on Excel (ability to manipulate data into information)
- Knowledge or interest of the climate change, international development, sustainability and low carbon sectors
- Enthusiastic team player willing to ask questions, work collaboratively and be part of a hard-working and dedicated team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients at all levels
- Exceptional organisation, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to respond swiftly to different demands from both management and the client.
Our approach to Inclusion and Diversity is a key enabler to our purpose - ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’. At PA, we are committed to creating a supportive culture where our people can thrive. To bring ingenuity to life for our clients we need people with different perspectives who think innovatively. We are on a journey to create an ever more inclusive place to work, where we all feel supported and can be ourselves.
We want our people to experience a working environment that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all. In terms of recruitment, we believe diversity makes us a stronger firm and we look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.