Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
**Please note we are recruiting this opportunity for 2023 start date**
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
Our DevOps specialists work within our development pods, enabling development through the automation and creation of tools and process to facilitate service delivery. You may be working to implement a CI/CD pipeline across any of the major cloud providers or looking at implementation of monitoring or alerting process for a new service about to go into production. Client enablement is a huge part of our offering. When we deliver our new digital services, we make sure our clients can maintain them, and so you could find yourself coaching the end client in how they operate their new service.
We emphasise the Dev in DevOps. For us it's about putting the right tools and processes in place, not running the operations of a service. As a DevOps specialist, you will find yourself working on exciting projects, across a range of sectors and technology sets. The team will be looking to you to put the right things in place to facilitate the delivery of the service.
We want enablers. This isn't about you owning a toolkit but being an integral teammate. That means being a player-coach developing the skills of your colleagues and evangelising the DevOps approach. Likewise, they'll invest in you, so you can learn new development skills or perhaps assisting in the implementation of a test automation framework. It's all about crafting a highly skilled performing team. We'll make an investment in you - making you a consultant with a highly diverse and applicable skillset, but we'll also need you to invest in us, helping us develop our DevOps approach and capability.
DevOps is a diverse and growing capability. There are a variety of different tools, cloud technologies and approaches. We don't expect you to know them all, we're interested in speaking to DevOps specialists with experience of:
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Building and implementing CI/CD Pipelines, experience working with repos, build automation tools, build orchestration and environment automation is very interesting E.g. Jenkins, GIT, SVN, CVS, Cloud-Formation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Code Pipeline, Azure Stack
- Implementing microservices and containers E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
- Implementing tools for logging, monitoring and alerting. E.g. TICK Stack, ELK Stack, Splunk, CloudWatch
- Creating and automating virtual machines in the cloud deployed on compute instances.
- Implementing other cloud infrastructure and networking required to host a digital service, including storage, firewall and network configuration.
- High availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud.
- Deploying serverless functions E.g. AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Cloud Functions.
- Working knowledge of OS including CLI experience, deploying and configuring application or web servers in virtual machines. E.g. Linux, Tomcat, JBoss, Windows Server, IIS.
- Solving environmental and configuration issues across the stack.
- Application of operational process, such as, patching strategies and dependency management of environments and virtual machines.
Benefits at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.