Azure DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
**Please note we are recruiting this opportunity for 2023 start date**
At the heart of our business are our people: strategists, technologists, digital specialists, consultants, designers, scientists, and engineers; all of whom bring real-world experience and apply it at pace. Our data engineering practice works closely with our Agile team, creating a tight-knit methodology for DevOps-enabled Azure deployments. We anticipate that you’ll bring passionate innovation to this already advanced capability.
We are searching for people who know what the data platform of the future looks like and know how it interacts with existing clients’ legacy architecture. As an end-to-end firm, we also hope that you will have a broad experience, and be comfortable with, providing advisory service alongside skilful delivery to ensure that our clients receive a solution that not only serves their needs but evolves their business.
When you join PA, we ask for your forward thinking, commitment, and authenticity. In return we’ll give you stimulating work that improves people’s lives, opportunities to learn from brilliant people, and a supportive culture where you can thrive. Additionally, through our Microsoft Gold Partner status, we offer a range of technical benefits including certification discounts and prototyping environments.
Required skills & experience
- Highly skilled with SQL and SQL Server Management Studio (or alternative)
- Expertise building and managing ETL, ELT, & ELTL workloads, including:
- designing and building data interfaces to source systems
- combining and transforming data into appropriate storage formats
- engineering data sets for analytics purposes
- developing automated and robust pipelines with error handling
- Experience working with Azure DevOps, Pipelines, and Kubernetes
Desirable skills & experience
- Good practice in working to an Agile methodology
- Basic automation knowledge with Python, Bash, or PowerShell
- Skilled in Spark or PySpark for Azure DataBricks workloads
- Experience with data modelling and visualisation in Power BI (or alternative)
- An understanding of architecting data platforms, BI, MI, or analytics solutions
- Expertise using Big Data, relational, or streaming technologies
- One, or more, of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)