Consultant - Financial Crime
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future. As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life
Financial Crime Consultant
- We work in a hybrid model at PA, but your work base will be aligned to our London or Edinburgh office
- Travel to client site will be necessary as and when the client requires
- Full time
- Application deadline: ASAP
Financial Crime at PA
Our Financial Crime experts have led some of the most exciting work that the consulting industry has seen in building leading Financial Crime intelligence functions. We have helped global regulators to become more sophisticated and data-driven in their AML/CFT supervision and enforcement as well as supporting the delivery of transaction monitoring engines driven by next-generation technologies.
By blending PA’s rich history in consulting with our technology culture and capabilities, we mix disciplines, deliver faster, iterate smarter and constantly learn — challenging the status quo to seek the best solution for our clients.
As a Fin Crime Consultant, you will be working with our diverse and high performing delivery teams transforming FC risk management frameworks, crafting and implementing technologies across customer onboarding, payment screening and TM. You will also liaise with senior client stakeholders in drafting policy to help to prevent, detect and investigate money laundering, ABC, fraud and market abuse.
Fin Crime Makes a Difference
Our Financial Crime team recently undertook an engagement for a large Nordic bank. The Covid-19 economic relief measures unfortunately have attracted both criminals and legitimate claimants alike. The challenge now was for the bank to differentiate between worthy applicants and fraudsters. PA was able to rapidly break down a seemingly insurmountable task and we solved the client's problem with limited resources.
We identified high-risk customers were identified, and they were investigated and reported – in some cases leading to seizure of funds and exit of customers. Strategies and tools built for this project were also used by the bank in other areas within financial crime investigations.
To rise to the challenge this Financial Crime Consultant role brings we are looking for experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial Crime risk management frameworks, Enterprise Risk Assessment, Customer Due Diligence, monitoring and screening
- KYC and financial crime prevention process design
- Delivering new technologies across customer onboarding, payments screening and transaction monitoring
- Prevention, detection and investigation of money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions, bribery and corruption, fraud and market abuse
- Sourcing and/or implementing vendor software for financial crime prevention
- Designing and working with three lines of defense
- Transaction Monitoring model creation, testing and validation
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- Consistent training, development and career progression
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Competitive leave allowances
- Flexible WFH / WFO policy
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, as well as Women in Banking & Finance.
- A range of culturally-led clubs to join, from music to film, yoga to podcasts
- It’s an environment that is energetic and fast-paced, that values collaboration, curiosity and treating people fairly. If that sounds like somewhere you want to work, get in touch.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Our approach to Inclusion and Diversity is a key enabler to our purpose - ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’. At PA, we are committed to creating a supportive culture where our people can thrive. To bring ingenuity to life for our clients we need people with different perspectives who think innovatively. We are on a journey to create an ever more inclusive place to work, where we all feel supported and can be ourselves.
We want our people to experience a working environment that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all. In terms of recruitment, we believe diversity makes us a stronger firm and we look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.