Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
**Please note we are recruiting for a 2023 start date**
Role Description and Objectives
Providing leadership and quality assurance across engineering and devops engagement across PA the individual will:
- Build diverse teams to deliver ingenious digital and technology solutions, across the end-to-end software delivery lifecycle.
- Utilising Agile, DevOps and modern engineering practices, enabled by major cloud (AWS / GCP / Azure), and other platforms, tools and technologies.
- Closely manage the delivery of our largest and most complex engineering assignments, getting to technical detail when required through to briefing (CxO) level clients on progress/risks/issues.
- Be the technical authority within large multi-disciplinary relationship team to guide and enable multiple teams across projects.
An adept leader and advisor - acting as an authentic "north star" for our people and clients. Help at the highest (CxO) levels to reach right decision.
Mentoring engineering talent within PA and senior clients-The individual will be a people person, passionate about people development, and able to build connections quickly and influence others. They will continue to create a working environment where everyone can achieve their potential.
Supporting business development for large and strategic opportunities- Collaborating with the wider Digital leadership team to identify and support business development across digital engineering and develops engagements
Playing a leading role in growing PA’s internal engineering and capability- Building and leading in developing the internal technical capability of the PA Digital engineering and devops team, creating a community of experienced and passionate people to deliver transformational client engagements.
Experienced in Digitisation: End-to-end delivery of future digitally enabled customer experiences. Experience of delivering the transition from traditional and legacy to new platforms.
A people person: A leader of technical and non-technical people. Evidence of building high performing cross functional teams, coaching and people development. Able to build connections quickly and influence others
Demonstrable experience working in a leadership position within a multi-disciplinary team, and can show us how you've both led and enabled teams to deliver substantial (£500,000+) digital projects from a technology perspective.
A technical expert, with a history of hands on delivery: Experience across industry of building modern, scalable technology platforms, built with the customer at the heart and underpinned by data
- Experience of the end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, utilising Agile, DevOps and modern engineering practices, enabled by major cloud (AWS / GCP / Azure), and other platforms, tools and technologies
- Experience of working with CIOs/CTOs/CDOs to deliver enterprise DevOps strategies, which encompass modern techniques such Continuous Deployment and PAAS
- Experience with identifying, prioritising and investing in key, scaled, reusable enablers of technical delivery
- Experience with activity/risk mapping and mitigation across technical, operational, people and third party concerns.
- Thrived in constant change that is life within a fast moving natively digital agency, and will create strong bonds with your fellow discipline leads in order to bring technical thinking, planning and innovation opportunities to bear.
Leader -You fundamentally understand that the world of engineering is a balance between people and technology; and how as a leader you need the support and engagement of the engineering team. Your leadership style is open and inclusive, with your decision making articulate and clearly understood by everyone. You are able to view the big picture and dive into the detail in equal measure - and are seen as a pragmatic experienced leader that others want to learn from.
Thinker- We don't tend to build one off digital products, but rather digital platforms that help transform our client's businesses. Interconnected components, architected and engineered for scale and flexibility are key approaches to what we build. Staying actively abreast of the latest developments in our world, you'll have an innate sense of the wider picture and how to prioritise, steer and prioritise engineering efforts to achieve it.
Advisor- Everyone at PA is client facing, and you will spend time understanding both the overarching digital strategies and nearer term business needs our clients have. You will be seen as a calm, pragmatic and visionary technical advisor, implicitly trusted to evaluate any emerging requirement quickly and work with both the client and in-house teams to propose, explore and define technical solutions.
Pathfinder- Our projects are complex, often have multiple dependencies, and often operate within regulated environments. This doesn't faze you, instead you're an adept pathfinder looking across the entirety of a project and it's moving parts from a technical perspective and working to identify how best to link everything together.
Owner- You will have in-depth experience of owning large scale technical projects from initial briefing through to delivery. Working within multi disciplinary teams, you'll have the ability to quickly spot issues and opportunities, lead teams of engineers through estimation, architecture, execution and testing; challenging assumptions where needed and enabling the team to drive projects forward to ensure our desired user experience and quality standards are met.
Ambassador- Our culture is incredibly important to us and as we continue to grow, it becomes ever more so. We're a friendly, hardworking bunch with a palpable desire to make great products and services that transform our client's businesses. Yet we don't take ourselves too seriously; whether it be weapons grade cocktails or working out how embarrassing the all-company-dress-theme should be for a given (and often arbitrary) day, you'll both embrace and contribute to our culture
This interview process includes 3 stages;
- Screening call and CV Review (30 minutes)
- Presentation (60 minutes) a brief will be shared in advance of this stage to allow you to best prepare.
- Final capability partner meeting (30-45 minutes)
Benefits at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.