Senior Azure Cloud Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life
At the heart of our business are our people: strategists, technologists, digital specialists, consultants, designers, scientists, and engineers; all of whom bring real-world experience and apply it at pace. Our cloud engineering practice unlocks our client’s data, opening doors to new business opportunities, and we anticipate that you will be to bring passionate innovation to an already advanced capability.
We are searching for people who know what the data platform of the future looks like and know how it interacts with existing clients’ legacy architecture. As an end-to-end firm, we also hope that you will have high experience providing advisory service alongside skilful delivery with one foot in the operation, one foot in the strategic, and a head for business development. This role is highly varied and calls for an autonomous, driven self-starter.
When you join PA, we ask for your forward thinking, commitment, and authenticity. In return we’ll give you stimulating work that improves people’s lives, opportunities to learn from brilliant people, and a supportive culture where you can thrive. Additionally, through our Microsoft Gold Partner status, we offer a range of technical benefits including certification discounts and prototyping environments.
**Please note, we are now hiring for a 2023 start date**
Required skills & experience
- Experience with Azure Serverless and integration (Batch, Function\Logic Apps, EventGrid)
- Strong CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent
- Proven experience with Azure IaaS (networking, storage, virtual machines)
- Proven experience with Azure Governance (Blueprints, policies, tagging, cost management)
- Proven experience with Azure Security (NSG\ASG, Sentinel, Security Centre, Defender, ACL, Azure Firewall, Policy)
- Experience with Azure SQL (Managed Instances & PaaS)
- Experience with Azure identities (Azure AD, Service Principals, Managed Identities)
- Expertise building and managing Azure tenants, including:
- designing and building enterprise cloud frameworks (CAF/WAF)
- engineering cloud apps, landing zones, and virtual networks
- developing policy and security designs for connected services
- Experience in software development or scripting languages such as JSON/PowerShell/Terraform or equivalent
- Experience in Cloud Native Microservices architectures/ technologies, involving Front end or backend (Python/ Java) will be preferred
Desirable skills & experience
- Good practice working to an Agile methodology and familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Practical knowledge of Power Automate, Power BI, and Dataverse
- Deep experience with Azure Data Factory or Data Bricks
- Highly skilled with Microsoft 365, including SharePoint, Office, Teams, and Viva
- A strong understanding of architecting data platform, BI, MI, or analytics solutions
- One, or more, of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Cybersecurity Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Solution Architect Expert
- Experience architecting fully integrated Microsoft-stack solutions
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy 5 days and volunteer for 3 more
- Sabbatical leave options after a 2-year tenure and enhanced, adjustable parental leave
- Flexible private healthcare plans, plus dental insurance, eye tests, gym discounts, and Cycle-to-Work
- Industry-benchmarked salary bundled with an annual bonus, travel allowance, and Give-As-You-Earn
- Future proofing with a competitive pension, income protection, life assurance, and critical illness cover
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek people with different ideas, styles, and skillsets to encourage a stronger together. This variety in personal experience stimulates a rich, creative environment; one in which our people grow, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to deliver quality work and nurture internal progression, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. What makes us human is what makes us strong.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits. Therefore, to join our team, you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK and unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Working From Home
Whilst PA is highly flexible on where you work, every employee is tied to a ‘home office’ due to the need to travel to our clients for in-person visits. This therefore means that we will be less likely to accept applications from candidates placed a significant distance from the named location on this application, or that wish to work from other countries for more than 30 consecutive days; temporary or permanent office relocation is a negotiable option. Beyond this ask, employees are welcome to work from home to their discretion and encouraged to manage their personal life needs as a priority, creating the work-life balance that allows them to be at their best.