Growth Strategy - Industrial Placement
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Power Your Curiosity at PA
Joining us as an intern is the next step in starting your career. Whether you’re coming from a specialist background or from an unrelated subject, we want you to be bold, stay curious and dive into the opportunities we have to offer.
Our People Make a Difference
Our Growth Strategy intern opportunity will get you to the heart of solving some of our client’s toughest problems. PA’s Growth Strategy capability has a strong record of working with C-level leaders in major private and public sector organisations, directly addressing their biggest strategic challenges. As a part of the team, you will help CEOs and other business leaders across many sectors to develop and implement strategies to create value and transform their organisations.
You will lead in the development and execution of the latest strategic thinking and have a thirst for fact-based analysis and problem solving, supported by a team of experts, who help business leaders across many sectors create lasting impact on their organisations.
A career at PA is what you make of it — so power your curiosity and prepare to make an impact.
During your months as Industrial Placement at PA, you’ll learn some of what it takes to be a top-notch consultant. You’ll be coached and guided by experts and have countless opportunities to broaden your experience on challenging projects and programmes.
Whatever you work on, you’ll be part of the team and free to build your networks, both here at PA and far beyond.
What we're looking for
- You’ll be on track to gain a degree – We have no specific prerequisites in terms of degree grade or specialism.
- Adaptable and able flex their style and thinking
- Collaborative and work at their best in dynamic teams
- Curious and want to broaden their understanding of the world
- Credible and comfortable working with clients in high performance environments
- Driven to succeed — and help others achieve the same
- Open to change and have a growth mindset
- Relationship builders — with both clients and peers
- Hungry for new challenges
This role is open to undergraduates with an industrial placement within their course structure. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
- Operate at the leading edge of consulting, developing new propositions and go-to-market strategies for our clients
- Exposure to solve business challenges across a number of different sectors
- Support, training and coaching to give you the best experience in entering and exceeding in the working world
- Flexible healthcare plans
- Competitive leave allowances
- A wide range of internal and external training programmes
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- We work flexibly at PA, but your work base will be our London Victoria office.
- Full time
- This role will start in July 2023 and be for 12 months. We will confirm exact date at offer stage.
- Salary: Competitive
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.