Managing Consultant - Senior Business Development Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
Our hybrid way of working is designed to help you plan your work and your life. We want decisions about ‘where to work’ to be governed by ‘the work we need to do’ – whether that is at client sites, offices/labs/studios, or remotely from home.
We have five principles which will help us balance both creating a high-performance culture that delivers for our clients and the firm, and being understanding and inclusive to individuals, and the teams in which we all work. Our principles are; we put your safety first; we trust PA people; we respect difference; we are responsive to clients, and we are responsive to individuals and teams.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA has developed the Oakdoor product range (https://oakdoor.io/), an innovative range of security products which enable our clients to protect their organisations, service users and customers from cyber-attack.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to drive the growing sales of this exciting product range. The successful candidate will work with our Product and Engineering Teams to build on our trusted relationships with existing clients and find new routes to market for our Oakdoor product range. We are growing a team of business development professionals who will work under the successful candidate.
You will be joining the scale up stage of this incubated start-up that continues to benefit from being part of our ingenious consulting business, packed with innovative technologists, strategists, scientists and engineers. A genuinely exciting and rare opportunity to join a deeply skilled technology company on its journey to create market leading products and solutions. As the commercial lead, this role will shape and lead the execution of the market pursuit strategy.
- Accelerate our Oakdoor sales strategy and supporting channel strategy. Build on trends and market analysis to deliver a quantified growth plan for the Oakdoor product range.
- As a member of the Oakdoor leadership team inform the future design of the product (feeding in user and customer views) and take the lead on commercial decision making, for example pricing strategy.
- Proactively seek out and lead the early identification of new business opportunities.
- Develop and deploy major customer pursuit plans, taking the commercial lead where needed.
- Work with marketing colleagues to successfully launch products
- Build and progress a qualified sales pipeline that underpins revenue and profit targets.
- Pursue industry recognition of PA as an ingenious technology solutions leader in the cyber security market.
- Continuously monitor and analyse competitor activities within the market and our customers. Provide market intelligence and clearly defined customer needs to the Product Management teams to support the associated product development.
- Commission and lead engagement with third parties, for example marketing agencies, engaged to support the activities above.
Skills, Experience and knowledge
We want to grow our team by recruiting talented individuals with experience of driving the business development, sales and marketing of a high growth business or product line. We are looking for candidates with skills and experience drawn from the following areas:
- Strong business development record, ideally accelerating the scale up of technology-based businesses.
- Excellent track record in crafting winning sales strategies and delivering complex bids, with commercial success.
- Long range business strategy development, pivoting and deployment.
- Familiar with product development roadmaps and supporting operational requirements from the market.
- Sales pipeline management, building resilience and multi-year prospects.
- Building effective and energised sales teams
The ideal candidate will also have or be able to obtain SC security clearance.
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Our approach to Inclusion and Diversity is a key enabler to our purpose - ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’. At PA, we are committed to creating a supportive culture where our people can thrive. To bring ingenuity to life for our clients we need people with different perspectives who think innovatively. We are on a journey to create an ever more inclusive place to work, where we all feel supported and can be ourselves.
We want our people to experience a working environment that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all. In terms of recruitment, we believe diversity makes us a stronger firm and we look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.