Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
**Please note we are recruiting this opportunity for 2023 start date**
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life
PA Consulting are looking for junior and mid-tier consultants to join their growing team of specialist penetration testers. This includes early-career and university leavers, seasoned consultants looking to shift into a cyber career, or life-long tinkerers who can teach us something new and exciting. PA are an NCSC approved CHECK provider who deliver CREST accredited penetration testing services to clients across a range of industries including (among others) finance, central government, utilities and telecoms. Many of our more exciting tests include mobile applications, embedded devices, operational technology and other things we can’t discuss……
While we hold CHECK green-light status, the majority of our work is more bespoke and requires attention to detail and our testers are able to work on assignments beyond a sole focus of just penetration testing, allowing them to grow their wider skillset as they desire. This has previously included cloud architecture and teaching at universities and on our publicly available training courses. We have a strong, flexible team and you will have a mixture of on-site working, remote working and office-based work, but we make sure that no-one is unfairly kept on the road, or at home, for long periods at a time.
PA can offer you:
- Upskilling across multiple fields including web, mobile and forensics through our Cyber training brand 7Safe
- Encouragement to achieve and maintain CHECK team member (CTM) and CHECK team leader (CTL) status
- Training in your areas of SME and interest
- Support for you to develop your career and create a personal profile within the industry through R&D and subsequent publication or presenting of findings.
- Allocated time and funding for all of the above
Due to the nature of our work and some of our clients’ requirements the following criteria must be met:
- Hold, or demonstrate the ability to gain, SC (or higher) security clearance
As one of our consultants you will be working on client projects within a highly skilled team. We expect you to:
- Work by yourself, or play your part in larger projects
- Deliver high quality security assessments within agreed deadlines
- Produce written and verbal reports for clients to an excellent standard.
- Develop and share knowledge with the rest of the penetration testing team
- Work with teams across PA Consulting, providing technical knowledge and expertise where required
- Be self-motivated and client oriented, aiming to exceed expectations in all areas of your role
Candidates will ideally also:
- Hold CTM or CTL status and/or other industry recognised certifications such as the OSCP or CREST qualifications
- Have developed their SME knowledge in one or more fields of penetration testing, such as mobile application testing, or a specific industry/environment such as telecoms or maritime
- Desire to help build and maintain the team though internal training, building our infrastructure and tooling or helping to plan and execute engagements
- Be interested in delivering and contributing to our CREST accredited ethical hacking training
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org