Cloud Security Controls Expert
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
**Please note we are recruiting this opportunity for 2023 start date**
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life
PA’s Digital Trust and Cyber Security team comprises of approximately 100 consultants dedicated to protecting organisations’ most important assets against cyber threats in the most challenging environments. We set the standard for best practice cyber security, conduct penetration testing, carry out long-term cultural change, design enterprise capabilities and everything in between. We are renowned for our ability to deliver.
We are seeking to grow our Cloud Security team with subject matter experts who have proven knowledge of developing secure architectures & implementations on either Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure. This role is ideal for candidates from any industry or sector who wishes to play a pivotal role in the helping large and small organisations take their first steps into the cloud or secure what they already have.
- Lead architectural reviews of client cloud implementations against best practice, relevant threats and acceptable risks
- Define and implement cloud security strategies and roadmaps (for both design and remediation activities)
- Collaborate across strategy, transformation, and digital engineering parts of PA to develop and manage the implementation of secure cloud architectures
- Provide support to building the cloud security capability within PA by helping build a wider community and assist in keeping the DTCS team up to date on vendor platform changes, new architectural approaches and best practice
- Setup architecture examples and proof of concepts on vendor platforms to illustrate best practice
- Carry out the day to day tasking of small teams when working on assignments
- A proven track record, of working with one or more of the main cloud vendor platforms (AWS, Azure & GCP)
- Detailed understanding of cloud control frameworks, their operation and limitations
- Familiarity with relevant cyber security standards, to include NIST CSF, ISO 27001 and broader views of good practice
- Good understanding of DevSecOps best practices and ideally hands on experience at leading software/cloud provider
- Deep knowledge of automated cloud security controls, including market leaders and native options
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in IT or relevant field that demonstrates your interest in IT, cloud and cyber security
- Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure cloud architect professional qualifications
- ISC2 CISSP accreditation or equivalent internationally recognised membership
- Demonstratable background in security architecture including experience in designing and implementing technology solutions using firewall, secure networks, IDS / IPS, and IDAM systems
- A firm grasp of the threat actors and mitigations for technology risks and a keenness for learning and keeping pace with technology and ways of working
- Experience of leading the design & architecture of cloud capabilities, including managing operational risk and assurance
- Hands-on-experience working in roles across all phases of the portfolio, programme and project lifecycles
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org