Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
Our hybrid way of working is designed to help you plan your work and your life. We want decisions about ‘where to work’ to be governed by ‘the work we need to do’ – whether that’s at client sites, offices/labs/studios, or remotely from home.
We have five principles which will help us balance both creating a high-performance culture that delivers for our clients and the firm, and being understanding and inclusive to individuals, and the teams in which we all work. Our principles are: we put your safety first; we trust PA people; we respect difference; we are responsive to clients and we are responsive to individuals and teams.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA is a rapidly growing dynamic global company. The Internal Audit Manager role adds significant value through a strong focus on risk management and helping the existing business and acquisitions to meet their commercial objectives. Internal audit’s commercial focus makes it highly respected by PA’s Consulting and Corporate teams to help ensure that our client sales efforts are successful and at the same time protect PA and its reputation. This role is pivotal in ensuring PA’s implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley which is currently underway.
As PA is passionate about training, any training needed to succeed effectively will be provided. The role has a high degree of autonomy and although the role currently has no direct reports, the Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for enlisting the help of and managing co-sourced resources. The Internal Audit Manager role provides exposure Senior Consulting and Corporate management and provides opportunities to work closely with corporate and consulting colleagues on Corporate wide projects and investigations. The role provides a sound grounding in the work of a highly respected and effective consulting business, risk management and operational, financial and security controls that will provide an effective platform for career development.
- Execute a risk based internal control audit programme, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Execute commercial compliance audits
- Execute information security process audits (training provided)
- Prepare written reports documenting audit findings, risks and suggesting remedial actions
- Managing co-sourced resources
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations
- Assist in the identification of emerging risks
- Assist in the maintenance of PA’s policies, procedures, and controls
- Participating in projects to provide ‘expert’ advice on internal controls
This role has autonomy with respect to developing audit recommendations and engaging with staff in improving the control environment.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent)
- Degree 2.1 minimum education requirement
- One - three years post qualification experience
- Requires strong relationship building, communication (written and oral) and influencing skills
- Technical and personal credibility to operate with confidence with demanding senior management and highly commercial personnel
- Clear focus and ability to analyse issues and recommend practical solutions
- The role involves a high level of authority and autonomy, requiring a self-starter and finisher working without close supervision
- Effective time management and discipline (multi-tasking to meet various deadlines)
- Must be able to both focus on detail, but in the context of the ‘big picture’
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with demands at short notice which may be outside the sphere of prior experience
- Comfortable using technology and willingness to develop skill set in this regard
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com