Senior Technical Scrum Master
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4,000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defense and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life
Are you an Agile enthusiast with a focus on high team performance and service delivery that exceeds expectations? Is planning, leading, organising and engaging teams your bread and butter?
We put our trust in the project team to meet on their commitments, to find their rhythm and ways of working. You’re the day-to-day leader your team’s efforts, so it's up to you to guide and coach your team towards a shared responsibility for delivery. You could be running a single project with a small team, or perhaps bringing your skills into a larger programme of work. You might even be implementing a scaled agile approach.
As a Senior Technical Scrum Master, you'll be competent at owning and delivering solutions, as well as being the design authority for how features are implemented:
- Expertise in architecture, confidence in advising and influencing higher level architectural discussions
- Happy taking ownership for aspects of the SDLC, and putting appropriate methods into place
- Confident having conversations with clients directly, as well as coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team
- Ability to assist on bids, working alongside bid teams to craft proposals, even presenting in part to clients in a formal selection process
- High consulting skills
- Understanding the software development process, delivering software solutions, and leading one or more development teams
- Pragmatic experience of agile
- Facilitating the development teams, removing blockers while managing stakeholders to ensure the delivery of functioning code
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for your delivery
- Project management or Scrum Master certification
- Project crisis management
- Leading by mentoring, facilitating and empowering the team
Benefits at PA
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.