Digital Software - Summer Internship
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Application deadline has been extended and will be closing on Monday 30th January at 9am.
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Power Your Curiosity at PA
Joining us as an intern is the next step in starting your career. Whether you’re coming from a specialist background or from an unrelated subject, we want you to be bold, stay curious and dive into the opportunities we have to offer.
Our People Make a Difference
Digital has changed businesses forever. Organisations that have embraced digital are leading their industry and influencing others – and those that haven’t are falling behind. Joining us as a Digital Graduate, you will work on an assortment of exciting projects providing innovative software solutions to our clients' most critical business issues.
During your weeks as an intern at PA, you’ll learn some of what it takes to be a top-notch consultant. You’ll be coached and guided by experts and have countless opportunities to broaden your experience on challenging projects and programmes. Whatever you work on, you’ll be part of the team and free to build your networks, both here at PA and far beyond.
What we're looking for
- You’ll be on track to gain a degree in a relevant Digital discipline
- Good grasp of relational or non-relational databases
- Adaptable and able flex their style and thinking
- Collaborative and work at their best in dynamic teams
- Curious and want to broaden their understanding of the world
- Credible and comfortable working with clients in high performance environments
- Driven to succeed — and help others achieve the same
- Open to change and have a growth mindset
- Relationship builders — with both clients and peers
- Hungry for new challenges
- Have an enquiring mind, with the capability for innovative and analytical thinking
This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
- We'll look to you to provide high-level technical designs and to develop software in collaboration with business analysts and software architects.
- You will work closely with test and DevOps specialists as well as service managers on automated software releases to production
- Opportunity to work across all areas of the development lifecycle, from strategy to implementation, and to take on assignments in different sectors
- We will provide you with a broad base of experience from which to build an outstanding career
- Flexible healthcare plans
- Competitive leave allowances
- A wide range of internal and external training programmes
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- We work flexibly at PA, but your work base will be our London Victoria office.
- This role will start in June 2023 – for 6-8 weeks. Exact dates will be confirmed at offer stage.
- Full time
- Salary: Competitive
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.