Microsoft Alliance Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
**Please note we are recruiting this opportunity for 2023 start date**
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re looking for a transformational leader for our Alliances, Platforms and Products (APP) Portfolio. As a Microsoft Alliance Director, you will own and drive the way we assess, design, form and manage our MS Alliances. You will ensure we make safe, reliable, strategic and sustainable decisions for our MS Alliance portfolio.
Based in the UK, this is a global role, and the Director will be partnering closely with our products, Go-To-Markets, business and capability teams to drive vision/strategy/roadmap/alignment to help drive incremental revenue through strategic partnerships.
Role Description and Objectives
- In this role you will define MS Alliance strategy to build and manage strategic partnerships for PA CONSULTING. Own and assure our strategic and governance aspects that are applied against new and existing MS Alliances. You will define, develop and execute the Go-To-Market strategy.
- Develop and drive PA’s growth and ingenuity agenda through strategic MS alliances and corporate development.
- Driving Sales, Marketing, Presales and Delivery capabilities in Microsoft Alliances
- Deliver Microsoft targeted direct and indirect revenue numbers and metrics, Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that deliver win win outcomes for the alliance.
- Map and develop partnerships with industry led Microsoft eco-system partners to support Market making industry propositions to grow strategic relevance and business in top accounts and industry outcomes.
- Lead and facilitate on-field MS Alliance interaction between PA CONSULTING’ and Microsoft’s sales teams for various business opportunities
- Closely manage the performance of our alliances both internally and with Microsoft to grow the win-win potential and investment from both sides.
- Increase PA’s profile as a strategic Microsoft partner increasing the external PR, customer stories, accreditations, social impact and awards to amplify outcomes and success.
An adept leader and advisor - acting as an authentic "north star" for our people and alliances. Help at the highest (CxO) levels to reach right decision.
- Mentoring talent within PA - The individual will be a people person, passionate about people development, and able to build connections quickly and influence others. Develop, train and retain top talent to build a best-in-class portfolio of alliance managers.
- Supporting business development for large and strategic alliances - Collaborating with the wider Digital leadership team to identify and support alliance relationships
- Playing a leading role in growing PA’s alliance development capability - Building and leading in developing the internal governance and capabilities of the APP team, creating a community of experienced and passionate people to manage successful alliances.
Experienced in Microsoft Alliances Management: End-to-end management of technology alliances including business and strategic development, alliance agreements, management, and engagement.
A people person: A leader of technical and non-technical people. Evidence of building high performing cross functional teams, coaching and people development. Able to build connections quickly and influence others
Demonstrable experience working in a leadership position within a multi-disciplinary team and can show us how you've both led and enabled teams to deliver ingenious products from a technology perspective.
A technical expert, with a history of hands-on delivery: Experience across industry of managing complex technical and strategic plans
- Familiarity with digital market participants, industry knowledge and trends.
- Understanding of contracts and commercial models in the market
- Experience of working with CIOs/CTOs/CDOs to deliver successful alliances.
- Experience with activity/risk mapping and mitigation across technical, operational, people and third-party concerns.
Leader- You fundamentally understand that the world of digital is a balance between people and technology; and how as a leader you need the support and engagement of diverse teams. Your leadership style is open and inclusive, with your decision making articulate and clearly understood by everyone. You are able to view the big picture and dive into the detail in equal measure - and are seen as a pragmatic experienced leader that others want to learn from.
Thinker- We don't tend to build one off digital products, but rather digital platforms that help transform our client's businesses. Interconnected components, architected and engineered for scale and flexibility are key approaches to what we build. Staying actively abreast of the latest developments in our world, you'll have an innate sense of the wider picture and how to prioritise, steer and prioritise our alliance relationships.
Advisor- Everyone at PA is client facing, and you will spend time understanding both the overarching digital strategies and nearer term business needs our clients have. You will be seen as a calm, pragmatic and visionary technical advisor, implicitly trusted to evaluate any emerging requirement quickly.
Pathfinder- Our projects are complex, often have multiple dependencies, and often operate within regulated environments. This doesn't faze you, instead you're an adept pathfinder looking across the entirety of a project and it's moving parts from a technical perspective and working to identify how best to link everything together.
Owner- Working within multi-disciplinary teams, you'll have the ability to quickly spot issues and opportunities, with high attention to detail including precise and effective interpersonal communications, active listening, and proven ability to manage a variety of priorities simultaneously.
Ambassador- Our culture is incredibly important to us and as we continue to grow, it becomes ever more so. We're a friendly, hardworking bunch with a palpable desire to make great products and services that transform our client's businesses. Yet we don't take ourselves too seriously; whether it be weapons grade cocktails or working out how embarrassing the all-company-dress-theme should be for a given (and often arbitrary) day, you'll both embrace and contribute to our culture
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org