Transport Planner - Specialist Haulage
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for Specialist Haulage & Cargo Handling Planner to join our team in Southampton.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Raise accurate quotes for loading and unloading of cargo and road transport to customers in a timely fashion to ensure profitability of the department.
- Ensure all containers and cargo movements are correctly arranged and booked into and out of both internal and external systems ensuring costs are kept to a minimum.
- Arrange with customers pick up and collection of equipment / cargo as required to complete the job.
- Co-ordinate the activities of Cargo Handlers team in respect of loading and unloading cargo.
- Continually monitor work, keeping in contact with customers ensuring satisfactory service levels from initial enquiry through to completion.
- Liaise with customers in a professional manner and to ensure customer requirements are achieved.
- Be a point of contact for any cargo related / specialist haulage enquiries.
- Maintain and update any work in PDS / TOPS or other systems as required.
- Finalise jobs on internal systems with revenue and costs to allow them to be processed for invoicing.
- Maintain health and safety standards, ensuring all risk assessments are on display, in date and relate to jobs performed within the cargo department.
- Communicate effectively with the Cargo Handling team and other stakeholders.
- Previous experience of shipping lines, port operations, haulage and /or container handling operations.
- Knowledge of Road Haulage.
- Previous TOPS, Port Container Systems for VBS booking.
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure, whilst making key decisions.
- A working knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft and Outlook.
In return you will receive
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training and career progression opportunities
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team