Multi Skilled Operative (Days)
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Multi Skilled Operative to join our day team in Southampton. As a Multi Skilled Operative you will be responsible for loading/unloading vehicles in the yard and shunting containers to/from the terminal, ensuring that health and safety is your number one priority.
The successful candidate will receive full training to enable them to operate Container Handling Equipment (CHE).
- Ensure vehicles are serviced with the correct container in a timely manner;
- Ensure containers are stacked in accordance with the safe system, in a safe manner;
- Ensure containers are shunted to and from terminal in a timely manner;
- Operate container handling equipment.
- Continually communicate with yardmen and container control to ensure efficient working and accuracy in terms of the correct container availability on time;
- Maintain H&S standards.
- Must hold full UK driving licence
- Previous forklift experience – desirable
- Container industry experience - desirable
- Must understand the importance of health and safety and be committed to upholding a safe approach to all tasks at all times
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Overtime payment at time and a half
- 20 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team