Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice to join our Workshop Team in Southampton.
As a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice, you will service and repair all systems within the vehicle including engine and exhaust systems, air brakes and electronics. Work will range from replacing parts to solving complex faults using diagnostic methods and equipment. With evermore-complex technologies, the tasks are constantly changing.
Working towards a Level 3 Service and Maintenance Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship you will learn the key principles, practices and skills that underpin the role before further developing and applying your skills in more complex situations.
If you have an apt for practical work, like to work independently but at the same time operate as a member of a team and offer good customer handling skills then this could be the role for you!
The role of a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice:
- Carrying out maintenance and repair work
- Visual inspections and care of customer vehicles
- Completion of relevant documentation
- Working with System Technicians on more complex and extensive diagnostic and repair tasks
Desired Skills and Personal Qualities
- Passion and interest in the motor industry
- Basic mechanical understanding or knowledge
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Age 16+
- GCSE grades 4 - 9 (or equivalent A*- C) in Mathematics and English Language
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team