Container Control Administrator (12 months FTC)
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Container Control Administrator to join our team in Southampton. As a Container Control Administrator you will be responsible for controlling all container bookings in and out of the depot, ensuring all containers are accounted for correctly. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the business.
This is a full-time position for 12 months fixed term contract.
Successful candidate will be required to work between 6am - 8pm on rota basis .
- Booking containers in and out of the container yard, remaining polite and courteous to all customers, colleagues and drivers.
- Ensure all release/acceptance information is entered into the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring all container numbers are correctly recorded both in and out of the system.
- Actively seek additional work wherever possible from current customers.
- Communicate effectively with the customer base, understand requirements and communicate accurate information on time as required.
- Container industry experience – desirable
- Previous experience in bonded storage and/or VBS booking - desirable
- Previous experience of working in fast-paced environment
- Proven administration experience
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong team player
- Attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft, Excel and Outlook
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team