HGV Driver / Cargo Handler
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for HGV Driver / Cargo Handler in our Southampton depot.
This is a full-time, permanent position (55 hours per week).
- Safely secure export loads and safely remove import loads.
- General inspection of containers prior to loading for export and on arrival for import ensuring loads are safe and presented in accordance with the requirements.
- Communicate effectively with the Transport office, understand requirements and give accurate information as required.
- Effective and appropriate use of tools, equipment and machinery in the correct manner.
- Transport containers to and from the depot whilst complying with road transport legislation.
- Ensure you do your daily vehicle checks to make sure your vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use.
- Follow all company procedures, customer procedures and the Highway Code.
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping.
- Maintain health and safety standards
- Holder of a current and valid Class 1 driving licence.
- Holder of full CPC qualification (DQC card).
- Previous experience of transporting containers.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- Good comprehension of written and spoken English.
- Holder of ADR Licence – beneficial but not essential.
- A strong team player, encouraging a team working environment with the commitment to drive and support others as required
- Counter balance forklift experience, banks man & other related equipment
- Experience with loading and unloading cargo - beneficial but not essential
- A mature approach to H&S
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team