Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for Yard Manager to join our team in London Gateway.
- Responsible for the day to day running of all yard operations,
- To ensure sufficient resource is in place to deliver the business demands
- Responsible for achieving financial budget, reporting and KPI’s for the site.
- Maintain a close and good working relationship with the customer base and the management team.
- Keep all employees appraised of G & W and business unit performance through monthly briefing process.
- Continually monitor and ensure satisfactory service levels from storage, haulage, M&R, refrigeration and customer service.
- Striving for continuous improvements in all areas of the business and encouraging employees to do the same.
- Measuring all functional areas financial achievements; communicating areas for improvement and acknowledging good performance.
- Working with Group Safety Team to ensure safety standards and policies/procedures are adhered to at all times. Ensure the skill matrix is managed effectively; gaps are closed promptly and training records are kept up to date.
- Manage and maintain all relevant depot records ensuring copies are filed and kept in accordance with legislation including vehicles, trailers, equipment, tacho’s and colleague training
- Facilitate close working relationships between depot departments and other depots, increasing work throughput wherever possible to support the overall group.
- Manage holidays, sickness and absence levels consistently and in accordance with all relevant policies.
- Ensure the performance cycle is conducted including mid-year reviews and annual appraisals.
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are followed ensuring parity and consistency.
- Lead by example and set the standard.
- Motivate, coach and communicate with all employees. Conduct regular team meetings and be visible to all employees across site operation.
- Yard management experience with strong management and leadership skills, with specific experience of haulage operations, shipping line and port operations.
- Good customer service skills, with the ability to chair / participate in customer meetings, representing the company at a high standard.
- Ability to make tough decisions that can be justified and implemented effectively.
- Written communication skills with the ability to produce clear and concise reports.
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers.
- A confident presentation style when reporting company performance, customer presentations and employee / customer negotiations.
- Prioritise and work well under pressure, whilst making key decisions and effectively delegating.
- Financial accounting awareness for the site contribution to the group and the ability to interpret monthly balance sheet and profit and loss accounts, providing detailed justification as required.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information and produce in a clear and logical format.
- An understanding of current employment and H&S legislation, policies and procedures.
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach.
- Coaching and training skills with the ability to identify skill gaps and training needs, developing staff as appropriate.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team