Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Freightliner Maintenance Ltd
A vacancy has arisen for a Team Co-Ordinator to support the Supervisor in the management of Wagon maintenance, including facilities and staff along with ensuring the activities of the depot are co-ordinated efficiently in order to maximise output and productivity.
Responsibilities whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhering to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards.
- Ensuring Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are understood, applied and followed.
- Monitoring the work practices of staff under the post holder’s control to ensure they comply with company standards and are in accordance with safe working method statements
- Ensuring all relevant records for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards through our electronic Asset Management System
- Assist in the management of the depot production activity. Maximise efficient use of staff and other resources to achieve the standards of maintenance specified in the Wagon maintenance plans.
- Achievement of fleet availability, reliability targets on a day-to-day basis, at a cost acceptable to the business.
- Assist the Supervisors as required to ensure effective Wagon maintenance planning, presentation, output and performance monitoring.
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices
- Be confident with man-management and the ability to make sound engineering decisions
- An underpinning knowledge and an ability to understand mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Passed competency requirements for working on Rolling Stock
- Engineering qualification, preferably to City and Guilds standard in Mechanical Engineering
- Supervisory and or Man Management training
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated to work safely to tight deadlines, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours.
Please note this role is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team