Wagon FSE South
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Freightliner Maintenance Ltd– South East
Freightliner Maintenance has an exciting new position for a Wagon Field Service Engineer based in the South East area. This position is to carry out routine maintenance inspections at various sites, minor repairs and triaging of wagons to enable repairs onsite or proactive planning of repairs before they reach a maintenance location.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who likes a challenge and can work flexibly to meet business demand in a safe and reliable manner. The position will involve a certain amount of driving and the occasional overnight stay.
Responsibilities whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhering to health and safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards. Comply with all instructions, rules and regulations on customer sites
- Liaising with the wagon controllers to plan workload to suit the business
- Communicate any potential improvements and attend required workshops, training sessions, and briefings
- Maintain, service, fault finding and repair of rolling stock in accordance with the approved maintenance plans as required by the local manager
- Ensure all relevant electronic and paperwork records for examinations and repairs are correctly completed on time and to required company standards
- Ensure that materials issued to wagons are recorded and reported accurately
- Take due care and attention to all tools and equipment used
- Operate company plant as required, once trained to do so, including pre use checks and minor inspections/servicing
- Participate in all relevant training and competency assessments that the post holder is nominated for
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices
- A willingness to be flexible as this role may require some working away from your home location
- Being a good communicator.
- An underpinning knowledge and an ability to understand mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- An appreciation of mechanical maintenance activities and a willingness to learn.
- A background knowledge and experience of rolling stock maintenance would be advantageous
- Preferably apprentice trained or equivalent and have experience in mechanical maintenance practices
- A full UK driving licence
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated to work safely to tight deadlines, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours. Please note this position is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team