Shift Technical Officer
Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Shift Technical Officer
Freightliner Maintenance Ltd – Leeds VMF
Freightliner are looking for a Shift Technical Officer based out their Leeds Vehicle Maintenance Facility. Reporting to the Depot Manager, the role will be responsible for ensuring technical compliance to Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures. The successful applicant will be responsible for helping to achieve team goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Adhere to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Lead the Locomotive Helpline service offering the best possible solution to prevent train failures and service cancellations
- Undertake “Finished Work Inspections” to ensure post exam quality is of the correct standard
- Deliver locomotive reliability in line with business performance requirements
- Undertake fault finding and provide technical support, advice and coaching to other staff
- Deliver technical projects to enhance the reliability and safety, and reduce the overall costs associated with the maintenance and repair of the company’s locomotive fleet
- Support the T&RS Team and customers in technical investigations
- Undertake technical investigations and write reports on incidents, failures and defects on T&RS as required
- Develop Engineering solutions and improvements to improve safety, reliability and costs
- Undertake test runs and technical riding of locomotives as required.
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Apprentice trained or time served
- Preferably dual trained with an in-depth understanding of diesel and electric locomotives
- At least 5 years’ experience of traction and rolling stock
- Engineering qualification in either electrical or mechanical engineering is desirable
The successful applicant should be a safety conscious and motivated self-starter, a fully versatile team member who has well established experience within a railway maintenance depot environment or a similar engineering background. A flexible approach to working hours is essential as Leeds VMF operates a 24/7 shift roster.
This post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team