SW - Virtual Platform Software Engineer (Remote - US, Canada, UK)
Location: Santa Clara, California, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
As a Virtual Platform Software Engineer, you will work with the Software, SOC Design, and SOC Design Verification teams to develop behavioral models of the SOC and surrounding system to enable accelerated software development and verification. In this role, you will be responsible for defining the virtual platform, developing and integrating models for SOC and platform components and working with the Software, RTL and Design Verification teams. Additional responsibilities include developing hybrid environments by combining virtual platforms and RTL simulators or by combining virtual platforms and physical hardware platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering with more than 5 years experience in SOC modeling, instruction set simulator development, or development of SW/HW simulation environments
- Strong understanding of computer architecture concepts
- Skillful at debugging the hardware/software interface for OSes and device drivers
- Ability to independently identify, troubleshoot and solve problems using HW and SW debugging tools
- Familiarity with simulators such as Fast Models, Virtualizer, Virtual System Platform, QEMU
- Proficient in SystemC, Verilog, and System Verilog, and Assembly
- Familiarity with industry standard technologies like ARM architecture, AXI, PCIe, DDR, and TrustZone
- Experience with RTL simulators such as Cadence Xcelium and Synopsys VCS
- Experience developing and debugging firmware and device drivers
- MS degree in Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering; 10 years of practical experience
- Understanding of software unit and integration test methodologies
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop the virtual platform system, both creating new models as well as integrating third party models
- Collaborate with software team on bring up and automated testing
- Partner with SOC Design and Design Verification teams on defining model behaviors and verifying equivalency to RTL
- Create hybrid virtual platform+RTL simulator and virtual platform+physical hardware environments
- Opportunity for leadership including defining the long term strategy for co-development and co-verification and building out a virtual platforms team
** Remote options available for UK, Canada and Mexico as well as US **
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.