Power Management Firmware Developer (Remote Options - North America, UK, EU)
Location: Santa Clara, California, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
As a CPU Power Management Firmware Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of power management firmware for NUVIA CPUs across server, compute and mobile platforms. You will focus on developing firmware to monitor and control power, thermal and performance states. You will have an opportunity to collaborate extensively with our hardware and platform architects on the design. You will also have an opportunity to participate in open source communities working on embedded OSes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- 7+ years experience in embedded firmware development
- Proficient writing and debugging C and assembly
- Driver development experience in RTOS or OS Kernel environments
- Experiencing designing SoC and CPU power, performance and thermal management techniques including voltage and frequency scaling
- Experience developing for pre-silicon environments including simulators and FPGA emulation
- Experience interfacing with Power Management ICs for initialization, DVFS, and monitoring
- Experience defining interprocessor communication interfaces between embedded controllers and the platform
- Familiarity with open source development, especially for embedded OSes such as Zephyr
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive the firmware design, implementation and verification of the CPU power and performance management subsystems across the project timeline
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and in hiring engineers, collaborating with other teams on platform bring-up/debug/diagnostics, firmware lifecycle, etc.
- Develop interfaces to Power Management ICs for initialization, DVFS, and monitoring
- Define interprocessor communication interfaces between embedded controllers and the platform
** Remote options available for Canada and Mexico as well as US **
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.