SW - Platform Firmware Developer (Remote Options - North America, UK, EU)
Location: Santa Clara, California, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
As a Platform Firmware Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of a management controller complex for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate internally to help define the platform and to implement embedded firmware, including various aspects of platform and power management, boot, RAS, security and runtime services provided to application processors. In this role you will be responsible for porting, feature enablement and engaging closely with the RTOS open source communities for integrating changes to and from upstream projects. You will be working closely both with the hardware power management and firmware development teams. You will have an opportunity to engage with third parties on enablement of new platforms, as well as providing input to our SoC and platform architects on future designs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- BS/BEng in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in embedded firmware development
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings technical leadership
- Proficient writing and debugging C and assembly
- Driver development experience in RTOS or OS Kernel environments
- Demonstrated experience with open source development, especially for embedded OSes such as Zephyr
- Experience developing for pre-silicon environments including simulators and FPGA emulation
- Understanding of server-class RAS features and event management
- Experience defining interprocessor communication interfaces between embedded controllers and the platform
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive the firmware design, implementation and verification of one or more platform management subsystems across the project timeline
- Develop drivers for both internally-developed and third party IP blocks
- Assist in the definition of future server-class SoCs and platforms
- Actively engage with open source communities to contribute support for processor architectures, device drivers, and firmware features
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and in hiring engineers, collaborating with other teams on platform bring-up/debug/diagnostics, firmware lifecycle, etc.
** Remote options available for Canada and Mexico as well as US **
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.