SW - Zephyr RTOS Developer (Remote Options - North America, UK, EU)
Location: Santa Clara, California, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
As a Platform Firmware Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of a management controller complex for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate internally to help define the platform and to implement embedded firmware, including various aspects of platform and power management, boot, RAS, security and runtime services provided to application processors. In this role you will be responsible for porting, feature enablement and engaging closely with the RTOS open source communities for integrating changes to and from upstream projects. You will be working closely both with the hardware power management and firmware development teams. You will have an opportunity to engage with third parties on enablement of new platforms, as well as providing input to our SoC and platform architects on future designs.
The team is open to remote work from anywhere in the US and Canada.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- MS in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science (or equivalent professional experience) with 7 years experience in embedded firmware development
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings technical leadership
- Proficient writing and debugging C and assembly
- Driver development experience in RTOS or OS Kernel environments
- Demonstrated experience with open source development, especially for embedded OSes such as Zephyr, eCos, uC/OS or FreeRTOS
- Experience developing for pre-silicon environments including simulators and FPGA emulation
- Understanding of server-class RAS features and event management
- Experience defining interprocessor communication interfaces between embedded controllers and the platform
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers, integrates, and interprets information across modules or sub-blocks of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
- Quickly resolves highly complex software issues and bugs.
- Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles and suggests remediation.
- Collaborates with others inside and outside of project team to accomplish project objectives.
- Identifies gaps in design, effort, etc., and closes the gaps.
- Suggests strategies for solving issues during technical meetings.
- Unit tests own code and performs integration testing to verify the stability and functionality of a large feature.
- Serves as a technical leader within area of focus.
- Manages project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables for small projects.
- Performs code reviews on project team's submitted solutions.
Level of Responsibility:
- Working independently with little supervision.
- Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. May require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
- Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
- Completing tasks that do not have defined steps; simultaneous use of multiple mental abilities is generally required to determine the best approach; mistakes may result in significant rework.
- Exercising substantial creativity to innovate new processes, procedures, or work products within guidelines or to achieve established objectives.
- Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
- Occasionally participates in strategic planning within own area affecting immediate operations.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
- Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.