Automotive CPU Functional Safety Manager - Cambridge, UK
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > ASICS Engineering
At Qualcomm we’re developing the next generations of in-vehicle entertainment and autonomous driving systems (IVI / ADAS). We’re leading the industry on performance, safety levels and connectivity. We’re collaborating with industry leading partners and vehicle makers on great products and features. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Ride platform integrates cutting edge technologies in vision, DSP, graphics, AI and CPU.
This is a leadership position in the Qualcomm SoC CPU Subsystem team, focusing on development of next generation Automotive systems. You will be responsible for leading the efforts on functionally safe CPU systems, focusing on continuous improvements in safety levels. We are seeking engineers with experience in CPU and system level functional safety concepts. A successful candidate will have a positive attitude that drives functional safety programs across organizational boundaries, delivering to our customers while adhering to ISO processes.
The senior position requires the understanding and definition of Hardware Safety requirements, understanding Safety Mechanisms in 3rd party IP, CPU microarchitecture and support for the development of safety test software. Interaction with customers, architects, functional safety, commercial and test/integration teams are required as part of the job.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience in CPU architecture
- 7+ years ASIC design, verification or related work experience.
- 15+ years of ASIC Design and Development.
- Master’s degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering
- Experience in the ISO26262 development process and functional safety
- Advanced experience in CPU architecture and implementation and system components
- Knowledge of ARM or RISC-V architectures
- Knowledge of hardware safety mechanisms in CPU and system components
- Experience leading ADAS/Automotive teams
- Experience in IP development and/or technical procurement
- Knowledge of tools for functional safety (Requirements Management, Static/dynamic analysis)
- Familiarity with tools related to Safety analysis (FMEDA, FMEA, DFA)
- Familiarity with CPU software test (STL)
- Familiarity with fault simulation
- Highly Analytical with Excellent Technical and Problem-solving skills
- Strong and clear Communicator with practiced Time Management and Presentation Skills.
- Drive execution across multiple teams in multiple sites and timezones
- Strong Team player focusing on team success
Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
Preferred: Master’s degree in Electronic or Computer Science/Engineering
Keywords Functional Safety, CPU, ISO26262, ARM, RISC-V, ASIC, SoC, Automotive, ADAS, IVI, STL
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field and 6+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
PhD in Science, Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Where you will be working
Cambridge, located in the East of England, 50 miles north of London, is a unique and beautiful city, renowned for its world-class university and the thriving cluster of high technology businesses that have grown up around it. Cambridge is well served by road and rail links, and is within easy distance of the major London airports
At our Cambridge site we are focused on pioneering IoT and automotive technologies, with engineering areas of excellence including, Analogue and Digital Design, Voice and Music (Hardware, Software, OEM Support, Innovation).
Cambridge is our largest office in the UK, with more than 600 team members including engineers, business strategists and support staff.
Equal Opportunities & Equal Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
Employees in Cambridge have a strong sense of community. We are encouraged through the philanthropic endeavours of the Qualcomm Foundation to support causes that matter to us.
What's on Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Working from home options / Flexible working hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.