GPU Systems Engineer - High Level Modelling (HLM) - Cambridge, UK
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > ASICS Engineering
What we are looking for
Architects, designs, implements, verifies, and optimizes performance and power of GPU cores.
Responsible for building functional modeling simulations, developing software, tools, and tests for various graphics, running benchmarks for different applications, and performing pre- and post-silicon verification to verify correctness and ensure performance and power goals are met.
The type of work you can expect
- Works across teams to align on important areas of feature development and ensure targets are met; ensures designs are innovative and compatible with other components.
- Develops high-quality GPU system based on requirements that balance power with performance and meet needs, benchmarks, and industry standards, even when faced with ambiguous information.
- Designs, programs, and runs comprehensive graphics tests using tools and methods for components under different scenarios and benchmarks to verify functionality, performance, power, and stability and identify issues.
- Conducts complex analyses of test results using statistics and data predictions to track benchmarks and identify issues or areas for improvement.
- Consults with internal or external users and third-party vendors to guide implementation and ensure alignment with their needs and goals.
- Builds deep understanding of one's domain and understands several other domains to anticipate how all components will integrate in the broader framework.
- Demonstrates good understanding of and conducts research on industry trends and innovations in graphics to ensure solutions and deliverables align with best practices.
- Contributes to conversations to generate new ideas for next generation graphics; provides recommendations for new directions to explore.
- Writes clear and detailed technical documentation and feature descriptions for complex projects to guide users and/or customers to use or implement software.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field and 3+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
PhD in Science, Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Where you will be working
Cambridge, located in the East of England, 50 miles north of London, is a unique and beautiful city, renowned for its world-class university and the thriving cluster of high technology businesses that have grown up around it. Cambridge is well served by road and rail links, and is within easy distance of the major London airports
At our Cambridge site we are focused on pioneering IoT and automotive technologies, with engineering areas of excellence including, Analogue and Digital Design, Voice and Music (Hardware, Software, OEM Support, Innovation).
Cambridge is our largest office in the UK, with more than 600 team members including engineers, business strategists and support staff.
Equal Opportunities & Equal Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
Employees in Cambridge have a strong sense of community. We are encouraged through the philanthropic endeavours of the Qualcomm Foundation to support causes that matter to us.
What's on Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more
Qualcomm offers flexible work options tailored to our employee’s needs. These include a combination of work from home and working in our UK HQ in Cambridge.
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.