MBB Senior Technical Support Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Applications Engineering
We are looking to hire a Senior Engineer who could provide support towards Directs and Inbound MBB customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work in co-ordination with MBB EU TAM and San Diego CE Leads.
- Order different combination of MBB modules according to customer projects.
- Familiar with Qualcomm MBB architectures and documentations
- Familiar with setting up all kind of MBB combinations:
- SDX65/75 + Pine; SDX65/75+Alder+RDK-B; SDX65+Hawkeye …
- Download SDX and Wi-Fi modules releases
- Sanity checks on both cellular and Wi-Fi
- Prepare customer demos using either Qualcomm reference design or Customer’s design
- Field Test activities when needed to debug issues or validate features/patches
- Joint 3-way debug of issues between Carrier, OEM and QC Development
- Leading and coordinating engineering resources in resolving complex technical issues
- Providing Technical support to Business and Product Development teams
- Building trusted relationship with customers and Qualcomm internal team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Excellent Log analysis and debugging skills for Data interfaces related to Linux networking, Kernel Network Drivers/NIC, Protocol Stack (TCP/IP) and Connection Mgmt.
- Knowledge and understanding of LTE, NR, IMS (VoLTE/Vowifi/VoNR) systems
- 5-7 years Software Applications Engineering, Wireless Communication systems, or related work experience.
- 4 years of customer interfacing / management experience
- Familiar with key players in the wireless industry like device manufactures, infrastructure vendors, European carriers, etc
- Experience with embedded software development, integration & debugging
- Good communication and organizing skills
- Team player with a successful track-record of working inside diverse global organizations
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.