Associate Technologist – Data Management
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like work in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Office of the CTO (OCTO)
Our Office of the CTO (OCTO) function is responsible for understanding technology and the direction it is taking. Using this insight, we partner with our sales, services, and partner organisations to evolve and innovate Softcat messaging, capabilities, and services to reflect the evolving needs of our customers and ensure Softcat continues to provide world-class customer experiences and engagements. In doing this we help develop Softcat's offering and capabilities, elevating the perception our partners and customers have of Softcat as a solution and services provider.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you have a passion for Data Management?
An Associate Technologist is the entry point into Softcat's OCTO. As an Associate Technologist, you will work directly with the executive and advisor level Solutions Sales team and related partners on mid-market customer engagements. You will become a trusted advisor to Softcat and our customers by providing technology guidance, education, and insight within your area of expertise.
As an Associate Technologist, you'll be responsible for:
- Engage at senior level to influence customer strategy and become a trusted advisor
- Team up with executive and advisor level Solutions Specialists to scope, qualify, and define projects and success criteria for customers. Identifying clear customer outcomes, vendor and services suitability, and the best approach for Softcat to propose
- Develop our sales specialists to elevate their capabilities through structured team and one-to-one training
- Attend customer opportunity and strategy meetings
- Develop relationships with your technical peers across the vendor community to ensure our understanding and build out a support network
- Support demonstrations for the most common technologies in your area of expertise, and lead presentation of the design alongside Solutions Associates and Solution Sales
- Contribute and feedback to our partners' roadmaps and relevance to Softcat and our customers
What we need from you
- Experience working with, some or all the following: Druva, CommVault, Rubrik, Veeam, Harbour, Oriium, Softcat Services
- Must be credible in communicating technical issues and solutions, whilst also being commercially astute
- Ability to present to an external audience, both business and technical, building out a track record of presenting to larger groups
- Ability to manage and prioritise a variable range of workstreams and activities across several diverse audiences
- Knowledge and experience of developing solutions made up of multiple technologies
- A good understanding of backup, replication, disaster recovery, archiving and other associated data management requirements across private and public cloud, including SaaS and IaaS and an understanding of security fundamentals
Please note, you'll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you'll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.