Cisco Networking Engineer (1st-2nd line)
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative, and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Networking and Security Team
The Service Desk and Support team are a proficient, fast-paced, and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service. We support a multitude of technologies such as Cisco, Check Point and Microsoft, which means you will work alongside engineers with a variety of skills and knowledge, giving you the opportunity to always learn something new.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Are you passionate about Cisco and want to join Softcat's elite Network and Security Support Team?
Your responsibilities will cover the 3rd line support of our fully managed and telephone support Cisco customers as well as our own internal networks and Datacentres.
As a Cisco Networking Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Provide 3rd line technical support for all Cisco network and security customers (internal and external), trouble shooting, diagnosing, and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agree SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required
- Take the technical lead on any routing and switching infrastructure related issues for customers (both internal and external) and ensure knowledge share with the wider team
- Design and Implement configuration changes on behalf of customers
- Provide Service Managers with technical support during escalations
What we need from you
- Knowledge of routing, switching and security technologies
- Background working in an Operations Centre / NOC / customer support environment (internal or external)
- Nice to have's - Firepower / ISE, Skills in ACI / DNA / SD-Access / OTV / VXLAN / SD-WAN, Cisco & Meraki WiFi, Network monitoring tools, F5 (LTM/GTM).
Please note, you'll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you'll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.