Commercial Finance Analyst -Full time/Part time
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative, and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Commercial Finance Team
The Commercial Finance team was formed 6 years ago and has now grown to a team of 9 people. The Exec Leadership acknowledge that we have played a key role in more than doubling Revenue and Profit over those last 6 years.
They are a friendly, high achieving and resilient team, working cross functionally with all business departments, and adding value through insightful data analysis which guides operational and strategic decision making at the highest levels. In your role, you will be regularly meeting Directors of the business and can expect to progress presenting to the Managing Director, CFO and at Board level.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
As a Commercial Financial Analyst, you will support Senior Management in delivering improved financial performance in their areas. Over time we expect the Commercial Finance Team to provide analysis on all areas of Softcat's business.
As a Commercial Financial Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- You will be producing new analysis on our performance across a range of variables
- Propose and implement any improvements you identify to existing analysis, helping to make them robust and repeatable
- Working closely with the Senior Management and their direct reports on a day-to-day basis. Using financial information to inform them on business performance or decisions
- Support budgeting, forecasting and longer-term strategic planning across the company
- Demonstrate aptitude for understanding numbers and making commercial recommendations from that information. You will need resilience to deal with the challenges that Senior Management will make when making significant decisions
What we need from you
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Results orientated, with a focus on providing meaningful information to Senior Management
- Validated background of producing new analysis from scratch and improving existing work
- Excellent communicator, outgoing and comfortable with different types of people. Must be able to articulate what their analysis shows and defend their recommendation on what to do next
- Thorough approach with high level of accuracy and numeracy. Strong excel skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working - 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.