Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Bid Centre team
This is an exciting opportunity to join Softcat's high performing Bid Centre. We are responsible for producing tailored propositions targeted at Softcat's customers and prospects. The Bid Centre supports our sales teams with large volumes of professional, differentiated, and compellingly written content.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
The main responsibilities in the role will be to proactively, and reactively, capture compelling content, to support both our services teams, and the Bid Centre function.
As a Proposal Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Using excellent English grammar and written sales skills to focus on writing answers and generating content to support Softcat's Bid function
- Having a proven track record of writing compelling content.
- Owning and updating a full Bid content library
- Working knowledge of Softcat's solutions and services to tailor content
- Networking across the business to become the go-to resource for capturing new content and creating and/or enhancing pre-existing standard content for written proposals
- Having a proactive relationship with key service providers in our business including ITAM, OCTO, Security, Datacenter, EU, Marketing, and multinational
- Developing proactive relationships with all Specialist sales teams to understand solutions, gather information, and create bid-ready content
What we need from you
- A track record of successful written sales communication
- Ideally with experience with Bids and Proposals
- An understanding of IT solutions and how to articulate the business benefits in a way which maximises Softcat's written proposition into our customers
- An ability to identify and discern good content when you see it
- Appropriate proposal management qualification – APMP (preferable)
- Working understanding of the ‘Plain English' philosophy
- Excellent writing skills, ability to succinctly articulate key points. Persuasive writing skills, ability to reflect technical accuracy required in IT industry
- Excellent Microsoft office application skills (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.