Senior Solutions Architect
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Solutions Design Team
The Solutions Design Team comprises members from many different technical and non-technical backgrounds, from network and security to datacentre, end-user compute and even service architecture. The team provides customers and the wider Softcat team sight of the broader picture – helping to pull all pieces of the jigsaw together and solving the puzzle of how business requirements are interpreted into technical solutions involving multiple technical verticals.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you have a background in infrastructure and Cloud?
As a Senior Solutions Architect with a background in infrastructure and cloud you'll be part of the Solutions Design unit guiding customers in the best use of cloud or hybrid datacentre technologies. You'll continually demonstrate your skills and abilities in design led thinking, and Architecture methodologies when approaching customers. In addition, you'll continue to develop your skills, expertise, and knowledge in the design of hybrid cloud solutions and architectures.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you'll be responsible for:
- Helping to understand, scope and document customers' business and technical requirements.
- Provide expert consultative guidance and expertise to customers around datacentre technology strategy and solving problems with datacentre technology.
- Assessing a customer's IT environment and workload strategy to ensure their applications are in the best IT environment, whether that be cloud, on premise or a hybrid solution
- Being a Design Authority across multi discipline technical teams on projects for a customer to achieve their outcomes
- Take responsibility for producing high quality design documentation (Technical Options Papers, High Level Designs, diagrams, Statements of Work etc.) when required within a given project or customer engagement.
- Working with other Solutions Design members, professional services consultants, and architects to develop cross-discipline solutions for customers.
- Developing and maintaining relationships – with internal customers, external customers, and our key vendor partners.
- Maintain an accurate and timely updated pipeline and record of work completed through Services CRM systems.
What we need from you
- An expert across multiple disciplines including compute, storage and cloud
- As an Senior Solutions Architect you will strive to maintain awareness of newly released technologies and new offerings from tier 1 vendors, AWS and Azure being key.
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements and business needs for an outcome driven solution.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of
- Being able to present complex information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly through presentations and whiteboarding.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.