Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be part of a team that makes a tangible difference to a business?
Do you enjoy business partnering demonstrating technical recruitment expertise?
Join our Recruitment Team
Being part of the Recruitment Team gives you a real insight into how the business works as you'll be playing a key role in growing each area of the business by hiring exceptional technical talent. The team sit in the wider HR function, working closely alongside the HR Business Partners and Learning and Development team to ensure a joined-up approach when we're managing candidates through onboarding. Services & IT are the business functions where most of our technical hires occur.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is one of the UK's leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you're interested in software, networking, analytics, or cyber security.
Do you want to develop your experience as a Technical Recruiter within a best-in-class environment?
As a Technical Recruiter – Services and IT, you'll be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment across many areas of the business such as Services (Managed Services & Support Functions), DevOps, Internal IT, Systems Development, Technology & Solutions, Advisory, and Office of the CTO. The types of technical roles we hire for can be seen on our careers page.
You'll sit within a team of experienced technical recruiters supporting recruitment of all technical talent into the business, often working on specialist skillsets.
You'll be responsible for:
- Owning the end-to-end recruitment; including briefing calls, talent attraction (including proactive sourcing), shortlisting, interview scheduling and offer management
- Establishing excellent candidate/stakeholder relationships (up to Director and CxO level); building credibility as a technical recruiter
- Managing PSL agencies to meet hiring pressures and driving improvements where required
- Developing understandings of the channel, market, and technical domains; to inform recruitment decisions and add value
- Keeping abreast of legislation, leading on ad hoc projects, and tracking & reporting recruitment metrics
What we need from you
- Demonstrable recruitment experience (agency or in-house)
- Successful track-record of placements
- A desire to develop a strong networked on platforms like LinkedIn within the technology space
- Highly organised, resourceful, with outstanding plate-spinning ability; enthusiastic, self-motivated, and proactive
- Exceptional candidate/stakeholder engagement and relationship-building skills
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, the ability to develop cross-functional relationships, with enthusiasm to build commercial acumen
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –three days in the office and two days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.